Only One Nutella Stuffed Sea Salt Cookie
I'm at it again. Making just one big cookie and proudly announcing that I ate only one. It's quite addictive, this. Making one cookie as and when the fancy hits you.
When I baked Just One Chocolate Chip Cookie, some of you were skeptical that it was a big cookie. So with this latest cookie, let me show you how big it is.
Compared against our old 50 sen coin. Or better still with the palm of my hand.
I baked this second solitary cookie because I had a bottle of Nutella expiring very soon. There was only a little bit of Nutella left in the bottle, about 2 teaspoons. Besides, I had some roasted hazelnuts at my disposal.
Ahhhh.....the simple pleasures in life..... This time I baked the cookie for 15 minutes only to yield a softer and chewier cookie. Eaten warm, this cookie is swoon inducing.
Just One Nutella Stuffed Sea Salt CookieAdapted from : My previous post here
Ingredients :- 1/3 cup self-raising flour- 1 tsp brown sugar- 2 tbsp butter- 1/4 tsp vanilla- 2 tbsp egg- 2 generous tsp Nutella- some chocolate chips and roasted hazelnuts to stud the cookies- some seasalt
Method :1. In a mixing bowl, whisk the butter, sugar, beaten egg and vanilla extract.2. Add flour and mix to combine.3. Form the dough into a ball, place on a lined baking tray and flatten the dough.
4. Scoop two teaspoons of Nutella and place in the center of the dough.
5. Fold up the dough to encase the Nutella and roll dough into a ball.
6. Place onto baking tray and flatten.
7. Press chocolate chips and hazelnuts on the dough.
8. Sprinkle sea salt over top (or you can do this after baking).9. Bake for 15 minutes or until the cookie is browned at the edges (bake longer if you prefer a crispy cookies, about 20-22 minutes)10. Remove from oven and cool on a cooling rack.